Monday, April 5, 2010

Voltorb Flip!

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Johto Region

This game is great so far. We are playing through both here at home (and yes, there are lots of 'walking trips to the garage') - at the moment we are up to around Goldenrod City (not far, but we only got it a few days ago!)

I never played the original gold and silver - which is why the game seems a little newer and brighter than some of the other re-releases. I did play crystal though (wow, that is rare - and someone stole it! So I don't even have it anymore) - so I'm not going in blind completely.

What I love about it so far? Apricorns :) and Voltorb Flip! I can literally spend hours playing this crazy crazy game (so far, my highest level is 6). Why is it so addictive??? At the moment I have 8841 coins xD WOAHHH.

So I give you - tips for Voltorb Flip!
1. Aim not for the 1 squares, but for the 2 or 3 squares. This means looking which rows have a higher total number.
2. Use your Memo pad! It helps you narrow down which squares (the 1 or V only) to not even bother with.
3. Use your maths. Not every row will have a 2 or 3. Some patterns reoccur:
- 4 + 1V = every square must be either a 1, or a voltorb.
- 2 + 3v = every square must be either a 1, or a voltorb.
- 6,7,8,9 = high chances of 2s and 3s
4. If you have no 0V rows, look for a 6 row crossing a 6 row, or a row with only 1 V. chances are the intersection is not a V.

What is your favourite thing about HG or SS so far? Any tips to share? Feel free to comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment